Choose your session:
Online Marketing Strategies
About this courseSkip About this course
The Internet has emerged as a platform to facilitate global commerce and communication. Its exponential growth has transformed the value chain of virtually every industry, and millions of commercial businesses are now doing business online. This course will introduce you to the range of marketing uses of the Internet.
You will learn how to:
- use basic e-marketing tools relevant to the internet marketing context;
- apply marketing strategies such as segmentation, targeting, positioning, and differentiation to an online context;
- analyse the online consumer exchange process and its outcomes;
- evaluate product, pricing, distribution and communication marketing functions in a firm's internet marketing strategy;
- evaluate the role of social media in the marketing context;
- use digital analytics to evaluate and optimise the effectiveness of digital marketing strategies.
You will explore how marketing online differs from a traditional marketing environment, and identify and discuss web-based marketing opportunities such as using Facebook, Twitter and Google in today's business world.
The digital landscape is fast-paced and continually changing, yet is an equally challenging and exciting environment in which to work. This course is relevant to anyone working in marketing, communications, public relations, social media and advertising.
This course is part of the CurtinX MicroMasters Credential in Marketing in a Digital World that is specifically designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the five courses.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Use basic e-marketing tools
- Apply traditional marketing strategies in an online environment
- Evaluate a firm's internet marketing strategy
Topic 1: Introduction to digital marketing/global issues/digital marketing plan
Topic 2: Segmentation, targeting, differentiation and positioning strategies
Topic 3: Digital marketing management: distribution and promotion strategies
Topic 4: Digital marketing management: product and pricing strategies
Topic 5: Digital marketing tools: website, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, AdSense, etc.
Topic 6: Strategic digital marketing and performance metrics
Topic 7: Online consumer behaviour and psychology
Topic 8: Planning and developing website and content
Topic 9: Social Media Marketing
Topic 10: Digital Analytics