About this course
This course uses hands-on lab activities to guide students through a series of machine learning implementations that are common for IoT scenarios, such as predictive maintenance. After completing this course, students will be able to implement predictive analytics using their IoT data.
The course is divided into four modules that cover the following topic areas:
- Machine learning for IoT
- Data preparation techniques
- Predictive maintenance modeling
- Fault prediction modeling
What you'll learn
- Describe machine learning scenarios and algorithms commonly pertinent to IoT
- Explain how to use the IoT solution Accelerator for Predictive Maintenance
- Prepare data for machine learning operations and analysis
- Apply feature engineering within the analysis process
- Choose the appropriate machine learning algorithms for given business scenarios
- Identify target variables based on the type of machine learning algorithm
- Train, evaluate, and apply various regression models
- Evaluate the effectiveness of regression models
- Apply deep learning to a predictive maintenance scenario
Some assessment questions will be presented during the labs. These questions will help you to prepare for the final assessment.
The course includes four modules, each of which contains two or more lab activities. The lab outline is provided below.
Module 1: Introduction to Machine Learning for IoT
- Lab 1: Examining Machine Learning for IoT
- Lab 2: Getting Started with Azure Machine Learning
- Lab 3: Exploring Code-First Machine Learning with Python
- Lab 1: Exploring IoT Data with Python
- Lab 2: Cleaning and Standardizing IoT Data
- Lab 3: Applying Advanced Data Exploration Techniques
- Lab 1: Exploring Feature Engineering
- Lab 2: Applying Feature Selection Techniques
- Lab 1: Training a Predictive Model
- Lab 2: Analyzing Model Performance
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.