About this courseSkip About this course
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Incorporate effective design principles (and Human Interface Guidelines) into your app
- Utilise brainstorming, planning, prototyping and testing into your app concept
- Test and evaluate your app with an audience to gain feedback
- Explain the steps involved in getting an app onto the App Store
- Consolidate the skills learnt in APP1X and APP2X;
- Consider how these skills can be used to build an app from start to finish;
- Recognise the importance of these skills when creating a plan to build an App.
- Explore the Design Cycle; App Personality and a Minimal Viable Product (MVP).
- Consider the graphic design of your App;
- Understand the requirements of the App Store;
- Things to consider when marketing and promoting your App.
- Create an App with MapKit;
- Explore the features of MapKit;
- Things to consider when using the MapKit;
- Alternatives to MapKIT.
Lesson 5: Create your App Part 2
Lesson 6: Evaluate your App
- Evaluation of your finished app - what worked and what didn’t?;
- Next steps - where to from here?
- Understand industry requirements relating to app development.
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $199.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you will need access to a Mac which runs macOS10.14 and is capable of running Xcode10.
Do I need to know any programming languages before I start?
No, this course is designed for beginners and we will step you through all the programming required.
What version of Swift will I be learning?
Swift version 4.
Will I be able to create my own apps after completing the course?
Yes. The course will teach how to build a basic iOS app from scratch and program using Swift.
Can I sell my app on the App Store after I finish this course?
Of course you can – however please be aware that this is outside the scope of this program. While we can’t guarantee that your app will be made available on the App Store; we will show you what steps are required to get it published and promoted by Apple.
I have a great idea for an app! Will you help me make a fortune by selling it on the App Store?
While we can’t guarantee that you will make a fortune via the App Store – we will let you know what’s involved.
We’ll also provide you with insights from other iOS app developers who have experience with the App Store and may be able to provide you with some useful hints and tips.
Will I be able to create my own Android app after completing the course?
No. This course focuses on the development of iOS apps only