There is one session available:
Psychology of Personal Growth
About this courseSkip About this course
Want to learn about how you become who you are, but not sure where to kick off that journey? This is a fantastic course for you.
This course covers important factors influencing your personal growth (i.e., how you grow by exposing yourself to new experiences). We discuss personality and emotion, romantic and intimate relationships, as well as the interplay between culture and these factors on your growing up. In the course, we allude to the findings pertinent to the Chinese samples.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe different methods to studying personal growth
- describe yourself using multiple perspectives
- explain the role of culture in defining yourself
- describe different approaches to exploring the nature of emotion
- apply different perspectives on understanding the interplay between culture and romantic love
- critically discuss the relationship between romantic love and intimate relationships
Module 1: Introduction to Psychological Adjustment
Module 2: Understanding Yourself
Module 3: Exploring Your Emotion
Module 4: Romantic Love and Culture
Module 5: Intimate Relationships
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
Anonymous : Professor Michelle Yik explained all the concept in an excellent, professional and enthusiastic way. I learned a lot about the effect of cultures on our personal growth and on our understanding of the world around us. I was able to see the difference between the western culture and the Chinese one, and I tried all through the course to analyse my personal growth from different perspectives. What I liked the most is the analysis of Love, through the Sternberg Triangular Theory of love.