There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Remote Work Revolution for Everyone
About this courseSkip About this course
How are you thriving or surviving in your remote work environment?
Remote working has long been an option for many organizations and employees. However, with the COVID-19 pandemic, many more organizations were forced to rapidly shift to remote work. While there are many benefits of remote working, including reduced commute, greater employee flexibility, increased productivity, lower operational costs, and a larger pool of global job applicants, virtual work can introduce new challenges. Employees and companies alike have learned to temporarily survive in a remote work environment; but, remote work is here to stay and will likely be a permanent fixture that transforms many organizations in one form or another. Everyone will need to develop the skills, competencies, tools, and mindsets to thrive in the remote environment.
Remote work affects an entire organization. For individual contributors, it means having to learn to collaborate effectively with colleagues you rarely see in person. For managers, it means knowing how to lead fully remote teams, developing ways to keep your teams motivated, connected, and productive. For leaders, shifting to remote-work solutions means rapidly advancing your digital footprint, using cloud storage, considering cybersecurity risks, and deploying new tools to increase productivity among your workforce.
In Remote Work Revolution for Everyone, you will learn to excel in the virtual-work landscape. Using the Harvard Business School case method of real-world examples, Professor Tsedal Neeley will not only provide actionable recommendations but also explain the theories and concepts behind them. You will learn how to build trust, increase productivity, use digital tools intelligently, and remain fully aligned with your remote team. By the end of the course, you will create actionable steps to “relaunch” your team—focusing on new ways to stay connected, be collaborative, and remain productive—while meeting your own personal and organizational goals.
Remote Work Revolution for Everyone will teach you best practices for working remotely. This course is based on Professor Neeley’s book— The Remote Work Revolution: Succeeding from Anywhere. Praise for the book includes:
"Neeley draws on her nearly 2 decades of research to answer the critical questions regarding how we best build productive and enjoyable virtual routines into our post-COVID-19 professional lives. Few of us are going back to the way we worked. Read her book and begin to prepare for the other side of this pandemic now." - Larry Culp, CEO of GE
"I often talk about the importance of trust when it comes to work: the trust of your employees, and building trust with your customers. This book provides a blueprint for how to build and maintain that trust and connection in a digital environment." - Eric S. Yuan, Founder & CEO, Zoom
At a glance
- Institution: HarvardX
- Subject: Business & Management
- Level: Introductory
- Prerequisites: None
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Leading in a Remote Environment
- Associated skills: Customer Relationship Building, Telecommuting
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the key elements of remote work and use your knowledge to successfully navigate the remote work environment
- Develop strategies for yourself and your team, improving productivity, communication, and collaboration
- Understand the types of trust required to be successful in remote working environments—and how to build it
- Learn how to select the right digital tools to increase productivity and access to team members
- Implement practices that will allow you to be an effective leader and successfully manage a remote team
- Create a plan to relaunch your team into successful remotely working contributors