About this course
Leading organizational change can be a challenge for anyone. Doing so in a large, heavily-regulated environment such as healthcare without the proper tools to develop, coach, and mentor employees is a recipe for failure. Such dynamic environments call for skilled, strong leaders to guide the way and develop successful, functional teams.
Learn foundational skills critical to leaders, including communication skills, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and motivation theory. This course will also explore team development through facilitation and collaboration. Assess your personal style of leadership by learning more about strengths and areas of improvement. This course will also focus on practical strategic thinking practices, leadership theories and leadership style development, and how leadership style can be used to think and act strategically.
What you'll learn
- How individual development, including communication skills, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and motivation theory, works within a leadership role.
- Examine team development through the topics of facilitation and collaboration.
- Analyze individual strengths and areas of improvement within leadership.
- Assess your personal style of leadership.
- Describe practical strategic thinking practices and leadership theories.
- Evaluate how leadership style can be used to think and act strategically.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $199.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.