About this course
ENGY0x Energy Principles and Renewable Energy
ENGY1x Climate Science and Policy
ENGY2x Energy and Development
ENGY3x Low Emission Technologies and Supply Systems.
Learners who successfully gain a Verified Certificate in all four courses (ENGY0x, ENGY1x, ENGY2x and ENGY3x), and achieve at least 70% overall in the Capstone Assessment, will be awarded the Sustainable Energy MicroMasters® credential.
Successful completion of the Capstone Assessment is one of the eligibility criteria for admission to the on-campus Master of Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland.
The Capstone Assessment involves two (2) graded assessment tasks and a further task to demonstrate ownership and originality of your work.
- A 30 question, multiple choice, proctored examination worth 30%. Questions will be drawn from all four courses (ENGY0x, ENGY1x, ENGY2x and ENGY3x). Participants will be able to complete the assessment tasks at any point while the Capstone Assessment is open. Once the examination has commenced, learners will have 90 minutes to complete the examination.
- Completion of a 3,000 word extended written work worth 70% (submitted to Turnitin, a text-matching software to promote academic integrity). To answer the question you will be expected to apply the knowledge and skills you have acquired from the four courses.
- During an online interview using Zoom, you will be asked questions on your extended written work and from the four courses. While the online interview is not assessable, the interview is a mandatory requirement to pass the Capstone Assessment. The online interview is used to substantiate authorship and understanding of your extended written work, and your knowledge of the content of the four courses.
- Do not enrol in the Capstone Assessment unless you are eligible to do so. Before you enrol you must have earned a Verified Certificate in all four courses (ENGY0x, ENGY1x, ENGY2x, ENGY3x). Ineligible learners will be automatically withdrawn from the Capstone Assessment.
- To satisfactorily complete the Capstone Assessment, you must demonstrate high-level English language skills equivalent to the level required by on-campus students at The University of Queensland. For more information, see The University of Queensland’s policy and procedures on English Language Proficiency Admission and Concurrent Support.
- All work must be original. You cannot submit work researched, planned, written or spoken by another person or persons. Plagiarism and cheating will result in expulsion from the program and repeal of certificate/s and credentials. Students must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the standards of behaviour set out in The University of Queensland’s student charter. These standards of behaviour are intended to promote the highest standards of honesty and academic integrity.
What you'll learn
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $799.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Frequently asked questions
The Capstone Assessment is offered up to four (4) times a year.
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.