What you will learn
- Describe signature-based and behavioral / heuristic detection methods
- List the capabilities of on-premise threat detection and mitigation tools
- Name the capabilities of hybrid and cloud threat detection and mitigation tools
- Recognize the importance of Enterprise threat detection monitoring
By 2021, worldwide cybercrime damage is expected to reach $6 trillion—double what it cost businesses in 2015. Unapproved apps, unmanaged devices, poor password protection, and other security issues are leaving far too many organizations vulnerable to attack. And as organizations embrace digital transformation, it becomes increasingly urgent for the organization to increase control over their IT infrastructure and reduce security risks.
This course is an overview of threat detection as part of a defense in-depth strategy. You will learn how to protect, detect, and respond to cybercrime as you explore the capabilities of threat detection and mitigation tools.
Before you start
- The current cybersecurity ecosystem
- Analysis of hacks on computers and networks
- Basic Risk Management
- Instructor-Led: course contains assignments and exams that have specific due dates, and you complete the course within a defined time period.
- Course ends: Mar 20, 2019
Meet Your Instructors
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.