There is one session available:
There is one session available:
TOEFL® Test Preparation: The Insider’s Guide
About this courseSkip About this course
This test preparation course, developed by the experts who create, administer and score the TOEFL iBT test, will help English language learners improve their skills.
The TOEFL iBT test is the world’s most trusted and widely accepted English-language assessment. It has helped millions of people achieve their dreams to study, work or live abroad. More than 11,500 universities, government agencies and other institutions in over 160 countries worldwide accept TOEFL iBT scores for making important decisions.
This course will help you understand what you can do to achieve your best TOEFL iBT test score. Instructors will guide you through each section (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) and, using archived past test questions, will explain the kinds of questions you can expect. You will receive valuable advice, including how to register for the test, how it is scored and how to prepare for test day.
This course is highly interactive, using videos, sample questions with explanations, short quizzes and collaborative discussion boards. You will also have access to real test materials from past tests. During the weeks covering Speaking and Writing, all course participants can receive scores for their practice-test responses.
In addition, there will be free resources and discounted test prep offers throughout the course. Finally, you will receive valuable insider tips to help you do your best on the TOEFL iBT test so you can apply to the university or job of your dreams.
Who takes the TOEFL iBT test? More than 35 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency.
- Students planning to study at an institution or university
- Candidates for scholarships and professional certification
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas in certain countries
The TOEFL iBT test is offered in three convenient formats:
- The traditional TOEFL iBT test on a computer at a test center
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition, taken from home and monitored online by a human proctor and artificial intelligence (AI) technology
- TOEFL iBT Paper Edition (in select countries), where the Reading, Listening and Writing sections are taken on paper at a test center, and the Speaking section is taken online at home.
This course will help you prepare for the TOEFL iBT test, regardless of where and how you take it.
At a glance
- Institution: ETSx
- Subject: Communication
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to improve your English language skills
- How to effectively navigate the four sections of the TOEFL iBT test:
- Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- Tips to help you prepare for the TOEFL iBT test
- How the TOEFL iBT test is scored
- How to use your TOEFL iBT scores for employment, study, visas and scholarships
- Ways to manage your time during the test
- Where to find additional resources about the TOEFL iBT test
- How to register for the TOEFL iBT test