Tsinghua Chinese: Start Talking with 1.3 Billion People
About this courseSkip About this course
This introductory Chinese language course will emphasize basic language skills for everyday life in Mandarin speaking countries.
The course utilizes pinyin, the standard system of Romanized spelling for transliterating Chinese, so learners will find it easy to understand and study the language.
The course is composed of several parts: Dialogues (taught through pinyin), listening comprehension exercises (in real-world situations), Chinese characters (frequently used in daily life), Mandarin songs, and Tea Time (tips for self-study).
This course is for anyone interested in learning Mandarin Chinese, especially if you plan to work or study in Mandarin-speaking countries. The course is also a good start toward the HSK Chinese proficiency test.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Colloquial Mandarin vocabulary used in daily life
- Highly practical expressions in given Mandarin contexts
- Listening skills for communicating with Chinese native speakers
- Some basic and frequently used Chinese characters
- How to utilize the course for self-study