There is one session available:
There is one session available:
Unlocking Information Security II: An Internet Perspective
About this courseSkip About this course
Information Security is everywhere: as the world becomes more and more digitized, so it becomes more and more hackable. Cyber attacks, data breaches, and even cyber warfare are all very real - so it's infinitely important to understand how hackers think and act, and how you can fight back.
In this course, which is the second part of the Unlocking Information Security program, you will turn your attention to the Internet: you'll start by learning about the inherent vulnerabilities lurking in the multiple layers of the Internet's protocol stack and then meet the first line of internet defenses. Next, you'll take an in-depth look at the modern cryptographic concepts that are at the core of internet security and discover the mathematical miracle that makes them possible.
With all this in mind, you will take a deep survey of the world wide web; understand the various technologies behind websites, how web servers and web browsers interact, how they can be attacked, and how they should be defended. Finally, you will learn about viruses, worms and trojans: what they are, how they spread, hide and attack, and the arms-race between them and the anti-virus industry.
Course created with support from
At a glance
- Institutions: IsraelXTelAvivUniversity
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Intermediate
Complete the first part of the course - Unlocking Information Security: Part Ⅰ.
The course includes optional programming exercises that require familiarity with the Python programming language. While the course can be completed with great benefit without solving them, we highly recommend you give them a try.
The course also assumes some mathematical maturity, including algebra, basic combinatorics, and probability.
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: اللغة العربية, English, עברית
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Unlocking Information Security
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- An introduction to the typical Internet protocol stack vulnerabilities, including IP Spoofing, TCP Injections, and DDoS, and useful defenses against them like NAT Boxes and Firewalls
- An in-depth look at the cryptographic concepts and techniques that make up the security infrastructure of the Internet: Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange, RSA Public-Key Cryptography, Digital Signatures and MAC
- A survey of the world wide web's security concerns (SQL Injections, CSRF, and XSS): is the Internet ultimately vulnerable or is there a silver lining?
- An introduction to the world of malware: viruses, worms, Trojans and more - computer viruses and how to beat them
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
- Very high quality class. Help to understand complex problems in a very clear way. Videos are short, very clear and straight to the point. Relevant real world examples are provided for each security concept or attack. The supplementary material at the end of each chapter is very helpful to dig further.
- I was able to understand everything and complete all the exercises, and had fun doing so. I have no idea if there are many companies working with infosec where I am (Brazil) but this was so enjoyable that I now dream of some day working in the field... Thank you!
- Very useful and simple to understand course. It gives the information about security techniques, networks and viruses, cryptography etc. It was highly interesting as well. Thanks for excellent lessons!