U.S. Healthcare Systems
About this courseSkip About this course
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program which consists of 9 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (learn more about the program here).
Healthcare delivery system reform and innovation are crucial topics in healthcare. Understanding organizations and current delivery systems help leaders understand why there are poor outcomes and create pathways for change. Exposure to other efficient and cost-effective models will allow learners to incorporate these ideas into their own healthcare delivery.
Learners who take this course will be able to analyze the structure of the U.S. healthcare system and how healthcare is delivered, its impact on population health outcomes, and comparative analysis.
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program. For an introduction to lifestyle medicine, see the Lifestyle Medicine Competencies Professional Certificate program.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Analyze the structure of the United States healthcare system to provide an analysis of its strengths and weaknesses.
- Compare healthcare delivery systems across the globe to make recommendations for disruptive innovation and healthcare system reform in the United States.
- Examine the U.S. healthcare delivery system role in patient health outcomes.
- Formulate a plan to incorporate knowledge gained into an existing healthcare delivery system.