About this course
Upon completion of this course, learners will understand how to maximize short- and long-term profitability by analyzing and identifying opportunities and threats in different industries and competitive environments around the world. You'll be able to asnwer questions such as:
-When and how should you engage in a strategic alliance?
-How can you create an organizational structure that is effective locally and allows for global expansion?
-What assets, resources, and capabilities does your organization already have that can be leveraged for global growth?
By the end of this course, you will have the skills to guide your firm’s strategy to identify and realize competitive advantage in the dynamic global marketplace.
What you'll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of the global marketplace to see your organization, customers, product, and industry in a broader context
- Be able to identify and address opportunities and threats to your firm and industry, both at home and abroad
- Develop skills to protect, leverage and extend market assets, resources and capabilities
- Organize your company to adapt its strategy over time
- Cultivate a global mindset in your organization and balance local responsiveness with global integration
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $215.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.