About this courseSkip About this course
Learners in this course will explore the multi-dimensional factors related to healthcare ethics of vulnerable populations. Examine the frameworks utilized in the practice of ethical deliberation on topics of specific concern in vulnerable populations, such as healthcare disparities, chronic mental illness and end-of-life care. Other issues explored will be recent historical perspectives and current trends in healthcare delivery, including:
- healthcare regulatory and payment environment
- cost and access issues to healthcare delivery
- sustainability of global healthcare models as they relate to these populations
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Examine the sociopolitical context of accessible healthcare and healthcare delivery to vulnerable populations worldwide.
- Discuss factors related to healthcare ethics in caring for vulnerable populations.
- Examine the ethical deliberation frameworks.
- Identify current trends in healthcare delivery related to Vulnerable populations.
- Compare the sustainability of global healthcare models as they relate to vulnerable populations.
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.