About this courseSkip About this course
Storage is a key component in deploying Microsoft Windows Server. As users and applications constantly work with and create data, most organizations require a large amount of storage.
In this course, you’ll learn to navigate various tools and techniques such as disks, volumes, file systems, permissions, sharing, administration, and monitoring. Through videos, discussions, hands-on labs, and assessments you will put in place the essential storage requirements for your Windows Server environment.
As a Windows Server System Administrator, you must be able to determine the type of storage your organization needs. You’ll also need the skills required to manage disks, volumes, and file systems. You’ll use the File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) to manage common disk and file management tasks. You’ll secure storage using BitLocker and EFS. You’ll also configure shared storage, such as NFS shares and SMB shares.
This course will teach you all of those necessary skills and help you improve your capacity to handle disks and volumes, and secure Windows Server storage. It will also prepare you for Microsoft certification tests and badges – everything you’d need in an introductory job in Windows Server administration.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to select, install, initialize, and format hardware disks
- Management of simple and spanned volumes
- How to select and configure file systems, including NTFS permissions
- Configuration of File Server Resource Manager quotas, file screens, and storage reports
- Encryption of data using Encrypted File System (EFS) and securing of volumes with Bitlocker
- How to configure shared storage using NFS shares, SMB shares, Folder Redirection, and Work Folders
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain $99.00
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally