AP® Physics 1 - Part 3: Electricity & Waves
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
In this four-part series, we will explore AP Physics 1 concepts and prepare for the AP Physics 1 Exam in an exciting and entirely new way. Increase your skills – and your readiness – for the AP Exam though quality videos, inquiry labs, Hollywood-style Concept Trailers™, Direct Measurement Videos, AP problem-solving sessions and more!
In Part 3: Electricity & Waves, you will learn about a property of microscopic matter called charge and how it leads to attractive and repulsive forces between subatomic particles. The electric field will be described as a means to explain these forces, as well as how the field inside a metal leads to a flow of charge called current. You will learn about the current and resistance in DC circuits. Finally, the basic properties of waves will be described, and sound waves will be discussed as an example.
The enhanced AP Exam Prep PLUS 5 is bundled with the edX Verified Certificate. To get PLUS 5, register for the Verified Certificate. The course instructors will email you with directions for how to receive both the extra exam prep and certificate.
You can view or download the complete College Physics for AP®Courses textbook by going to the Reading Assignments page in this course
*Advanced Placement® and AP® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
Additional Courses in the Preparing for the AP Physics 1 Exam Sequence
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- About the charge of microscopic and macroscopic matter.
- About the electric forces and fields that result from charge.
- About how electric fields lead to current in DC circuits.
- About the physics behind waves with sound as an example.
- Prepare and Review for the AP Physics 1 Exam
- How to practice critical thinking, writing, and problem-solving with enhanced teacher and peer feedback (AP Exam Prep PLUS 5 only)