Applying Strategic Leadership in Education
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course will explore the practices and philosophies of effective strategic leaders and guide you in applying these techniques into your own practice.
We will study how school leaders work strategically to develop organisations that are driven towards a clear shared vision, with motivated staff, engaged students, and a supportive school community. You will be encouraged to study leadership in your own workplace and find out how leadership impacts on learning.
You will reflect on your own leadership strengths and opportunities and develop a 21 day plan for personal leadership growth.
This course is aimed at school teachers in leadership roles who are looking to advance their career as a:
- head teacher
- assistant or deputy principal
- organisational leader
- or in educational policy or advisory roles.
This course is registered withthe New South Wales Educational Standards Authority (NESA) (Australia). CompletingEDLMx2 Applying Strategic Leadership in Education will contribute 12 hoursof NESA Registered PD addressing6.1.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW ( Pending ).
De un vistazo
- Transcripción de video:English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Leadership and Management in Education
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Analyse and critique strategic leadership practices and philosophies of current and former organisational leaders
- Apply and assess strategic leadership insights in your professional practice.
- Identify processes and practices to further develop personal leadership capacity by incorporating knowledge from leaders studied in the course.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
- Understanding the behaviours of effective leaders.
- A review of ‘Bringing the Good Weather’
- Analysing observations from educational organisation leaders along the ‘Bringing the Good Weather’ capacities
- Applying research on leadership
- Using the ‘Bringing the Good Weather' framework to conduct field work
- Interviews with organisation leaders to gain insights in areas of needed growth
- Developing your plan for capacity building. Synthesising insights from interviews into a 21-day action plan for your own leadership development.
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
"There is a beauty in online learning when done right. NewcastleX did just that. With a mixture of great readings, principal interviews, discussions and assessments. We get to learn not only from Newcastle's best instructors, but peers as well. I am thankful for this experience."
- past EDLMx2 student