Hay una sesión disponible:
Autism and Neurodiversity: Building Your Child's Strengths
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Autism and Neurodiversity: Building Your Child's Strengths has been created to assist family members and carers of young children who may be displaying early signs of autism. Much of the information provided - particularly on developing strengths, approaches to advocacy, school preparation, and carer wellbeing - will also be of use to parents and carers of neurodiverse children more generally.
The course aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to recognise concerning behaviours, understand the diagnosis process, create a plan to help navigate the early stages of childhood development, and how to successfully advocate for your child. We cover from birth to the age of six, including planning and preparation for school.
This course has been developed by Curtin University in partnership with Kalparrin.org.au
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Recognise what autism is and identify first signs and behaviours of concern
- Understand the process of obtaining a diagnosis of autism for a child
- Learn about the carer journey and strategies to avoid carer burnout
- Understand strengths-based approaches to autism and neurodiversity
- Learn how to advocate for children’s needs in regards to intervention and funding
- Develop knowledge and awareness about planning and preparation for school