Hay una sesión disponible:
China’s Communist Political System and Global Ambitions
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
The Chinese Communist Party is the biggest, best-organised and most powerful political force in the world. Understanding what motivates Xi Jinping and other top Chinese leaders, how they wield their power and how they think, is vital for anyone trying to figure out China and its global ambitions.
You will learn how the Communist Party sprang up in China a century ago. How it progressed from Mao Zedong, to Deng Xiaoping and to Xi Jinping today and how it is structured and operates and what internal and external challenges it faces. China’s political process is often described as a black box. After this course you will be much better equipped to decipher the contents of that box.
Unbiased analysis, real-life examples and practical guidance will equip you with the analytical frameworks and tools to apply to your investment decisions, risk assessments or policymaking. You will learn directly from Enodo Economics’ team of experts, who together have over 250 years of experience focused on China’s economy, its politics and markets and its culture.
We make use of specially shot online teaching videos that are produced to a high professional standard. The material, carefully tailored to complement the content of each course, includes interviews with relevant figures whose personal stories bring to life the concepts being taught. Imaginative visual aids and animation are designed to enhance the learning experience – and make it fun.
De un vistazo
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Global Impact of China's Economy, Politics and Markets
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How the CCP became the most successful Communist party on the planet __
- Whether rising living standards will spill over into popular demands for democracy and human rights in China
- What Xi Jinping’s ambitions are, what his vision for the belt and road initiative is and whether his unchecked power over the People’s Republic of China is a good thing for party progress and economic development
- How the Party sees Taiwan, Hong Kong, the South China sea, its role in Asia and its interaction with the United States and other Western powers
- Whether The Great Decoupling - the bifurcation of the world economy into an American and a Chinese sphere of influence - is a risk or an opportunity for China
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Chapter 1: The CCP’s origins, philosophy and ambitions
Chapter 2: The Cultural Revolution, economic modernisation and Tiananmen Square
Chapter 3: China after its accession to the World Trade Organisation, the Global Financial Crisis and Xi’s ascent to power
Chapter 4: Xi’s: “China Dream” and China’s economic and strategic goals
Chapter 5: The Great Decoupling – China and the US as strategic geopolitical rivals
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
“Understanding the Chinese economy is not for the fainthearted. You have to make sense of the data but also be able to put it in the context of industrial policy, Beijing’s political priorities and so on. I liken it to doing a jigsaw without being able to see the picture on the box. Yet that’s what Diana Choyleva does so well in her regular commentary, which I’ve really enjoyed following, and now with the Enodo Economics program she’s put together for edX. Take the courses and you’ll learn not only how to put the various pieces of the China puzzle together, you’ll get to see the whole picture.”
Orit Gadiesh: Chairman Bain & Co
“China matters. Even more than you realise. If you want to thrive and succeed in business, consulting, investing or policymaking you must really understand China and how it shapes the world. This EdX programme created by Enodo Economics will help you do just that and stay at the top of your game. It’s rare to find unbiased, thoughtful and practical teaching by great communicators, but this is it. An indispensable guide.”