Sobre este curso
If you are interested in the relationship between business and society, this course is for you! It is especially relevant for industry, public policy, and academic professionals working on CSR, as well as students following a traditional business curriculum who are interested in key value questions. The content is also accessible for consumers who are curious about how to make informed decisions while pursuing their own well-defined, long-term, responsible consumption goals.
This course addresses CSR in two ways:
- As a reflection of corporate self-awareness
- As a source of innovation and a means to deal with heightened competitiveness, demands for sustainable development, and shifts in international governance
To help participants manage and communicate about CSR with various internal and external stakeholders, this course seeks to:
- Support current and future business leaders in their efforts to make responsible leadership, sustainable production, and consumption central to their corporate vision.
- Help citizens to function more effectively as informed watchdogs and responsible consumers.
Lo que aprenderás
- Understand the multidimensional nature and content of corporate social responsibility
- Adopt a critical perspective on managerial practices related to societal issues
- Stimulate and manage impactful changes in organizations, toward more responsible postures
- Reconcile multiple stakeholders’ interests (and understand the importance of doing so), into a clear, persuasive, smart action and communication plan
- Recognize the risks of CSR washing, as well as the opportunities related to a strong CSR communication strategy
- What is the purpose of a company?
- What is CSR?
- What are the differences between CSR and the concept of shared value creation?
- Who are stakeholders?
- How can we identify relevant stakeholders and their expectations?
- What are some criticisms of CSR?
- How should companies implement CSR?
- What are some success factors and obstacles to CSR implementation?
- What is the role of stakeholder dialogue?
- What is the value of CSR for business?
- Why, or why not, should companies communicate about their CSR?
- Which channels of communication should they use?
- When should they communicate?
- What are some recommendations about the content of the CSR message?
- What is CSR-washing?
- Which recommendations exist for a credible CSR communication?
- What are the frameworks available in terms of CSR reporting?
- What is the current state of legislation?
- How can we assess the quality of a CSR report?
- In what conditions does CSR affect consumers?
- Who are the “responsible” consumers?
- What are the barriers to responsible consumption?
- What drives responsible consumption?
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras $50.00
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
Testimonios de los estudiantes
A learner review from CourseTalk