Communication for Engineering Leaders
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
The goal of this course is to upskill talented engineers’ communication abilities. Engineers at all stages of their careers will find helpful guidance and dedicated space for practicing skills necessary for more effective communication with teammates, clients, and employees and/or pursuing the next level of leadership opportunities.
By the end of the course, students should have new adeptness at creating and delivering powerful presentations and documents on short deadlines, applying laser focus to their intended audiences, resolving conflicts, and leading others effectively. We will also make plans for both leveraging our identities as aspects of our communication strengths and training the next crop of leaders at our companies.
- Communicate with Mastery (Schramm & Peterson, ISNB: 1119550092)
- HBR's 10 Must Reads 2020: The Definitive Management Ideas of the Year from Havard Business Review (ISBN: 1633698122)
- Connect First (Katzman; ISBN: 1260457834)
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How to make sure your presentations and written documents are high impact
- How to best engage diverse audiences
- How to leverage your own unique communication style and strengths
- How to lead and engage in valuable, productive workplace and team interactions.
- How emotional intelligence should inform our communication
- How to scale your leadership and impact in your specific workplace
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Week One: Adopting a Communication Mindset
Know your audience. Know your purpose. Know your key points. Then turn them into a strategy.
Week Two: Verbal Communication
Body language. Spoken language. Reducing anxiety. Giving and receiving constructive criticism.
Week Three: Workplace Communication
The roles of respect, loyalty, and emotional intelligence in effective communication.
Week Four: Written Communication
How to write with impact – and edit effectively.
Week Five: Workplace Atmosphere
How communication resolves conflict and fights fear.
Week Six: Communication Styles and Considerations
Why your style matters. What different styles mean for leadership, communication, and collaboration strategies.
Week Seven: Workplace Leadership
How communication (and good questions!) affects your leadership impact.
Week Eight: Communication Leadership
Scaling your leadership with a legacy plan.