Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Learning modules are broken into short (<10 minute) videos presented in straightforward language. This allows providers to learn at their own pace and time. Topics include symptoms and signs in patients with COVID-19, early stabilization of patients, prevention of the need for intubation, and ventilator management of patients. The best evidence and guidelines are summarized while accompanying handouts provide written learning points and links to online references. Additionally, simple infographics are available for providers to utilize within their care facilities to educate and promote optimal care across their entire institution.
The Stanford University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Stanford University School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you would like to earn CME credit from Stanford University School of Medicine for participating in this course, please review the information here prior to beginning the activity.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Recognize early and late clinical signs of COVID-19 infection in patients
- Correctly apply, remove, and reuse appropriate personal protective equipment based on COVID-19 exposure risk
- Systematically assess and provide immediate stabilization to undifferentiated sick patients
- Perform a rapid bedside assessment of a dyspneic patient
- Utilize bedside ultrasound to evaluate for COVID-19
- Obtain and interpret key diagnostic tests in COVID-19 patients with dyspnea
- Appropriately position and provide supplemental oxygen to patients with dyspnea
- Administer oral and inhaled therapeutics in COVID-19 patients
- Safely administer high-flow nasal cannula and non-invasive positive pressure ventilation
- Correctly provide bag-mask ventilation using naso- and oropharyngeal airways
- Recognize the need for and perform endotracheal intubation
- Administer appropriate sedative and paralytic medications for intubated patients
- Apply optimal initial ventilator settings in COVID-19 patients
- Troubleshoot common clinical scenarios with patients on ventilators
- Assess and wean clinically improving patients off of ventilators
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$10 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
Will I learn how to manage patients in respiratory distress?
Yes. The course covers early stabilization with oxygen and non-invasive ventilation, prevention of intubation using proning and other bedside maneuvers, and early ventilator management in patients.
Does the course cover using personal protective equipment (PPE)?
Yes. Appropriate use of PPE is presented and controversies in PPE are discussed.