Hay una sesión disponible:
Cultivating Entrepreneurship & Antifragility to Thrive in a Fast-Paced World
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
COVID-19 has ushered in, expedited, and amplified a myriad of healthcare, humanitarian, economic, and societal crises. As the former U.S. National Security Advisor wrote, “COVID-19 has laid bare our domestic divisions, unequal economy, and glaring racial and socio-economic disparities as well as the fragility of our democracy.” This sobering reality has shone a spotlight on challenges both old and new, and has been further exacerbated by today’s institutions proving largely ill-equipped to address our pressing challenges.
However, as John Gardner once said, “What we have before us are some breathtaking opportunities disguised as insoluble problems.” The challenges we face create a transformative moment for purpose-led leaders and organizations (of all types) to seize opportunity amid crises and build a future that is more sustainable and inclusive.
Addressing society’s most intractable challenges will require anti-fragile individuals, teams, and organizations --- those that not only survive in chaotic, stressful, and complex environments, but actually thrive and grow stronger in the face of adversity and uncertainty.
The goal of this course to equip individuals, teams, and organizations (of all types) with actionable lessons and entrepreneurial skills to…
- Cultivate a culture of antifragility across teams, organizations, and society to thrive during periods of crises
- Design, develop, test, and deploy innovative solutions to help build a future that is more sustainable and inclusive
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- To cultivate a culture of antifragility across teams, organizations, and society
- Integrate multi-disciplinary skills and perspectives to turn disruption into positive action
- How to build empathy with stakeholders and beneficiaries
- To build practical solutions that address real problems iteratively
- To adopt an entrepreneurial mindset, skillset, and way of operating that will help you succeed in your future endeavors
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
This course is structured as an 8-installment speaker series hosted by MIT’s Martin Trust Center for Entrepreneurship.
Module 1: Decision Making In A Crisis
- Jocko Willink: Retired Navy Seal, #1 NYT best-selling author, and podcast host
- Billy Campbell: Last person off “Miracle on the Hudson” flight, leading business executive
Module 2: Staying Mentally Strong
- Arlan Hamilton: Founder of Backstage Capital – inspiring journey of going from homeless to founding a VC firm
- Brad Feld: Co-Founder of Techstars and Foundry Group, Entrepreneurship thought leader
- Kathleen Stetson: CEO of Rational Confidence – entrepreneur coach
Module 3: Making The Ethical Decision
- Laura Dunham: Associate Dean and Chair at the University of St. Thomas’ Schulze School of Entrepreneurship
- Tom Byers: Faculty Director of Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP)
- Jon Fjeld: Entrepreneur and Professor of Philosophy at Duke
Module 4: Creativity In A Crisis
- Tina Seeling: Best-selling author, Professor of the Practice at Stanford University, Faculty Director of Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP)
- David Morris: Improvisation instructor, TEDx speaker, StartMIT instructor
Module 5: What Are The Opportunities On The Other Side?
- James McQuivey: Vice President at Forrester Research, authored “Digital Disruption”
- Jean Hammond: EdTech thought leader, Founder of LaunchLearn Accelerator
Module 6: Market Positioning In And After A Crisis
- Chris Reitermann: CEO of Ogilvy, Asia and Greater China
- Allen Wang: CEO of Babytree, China’s largest parenting website
Module 7: Where Are The Opportunities On The Other Side?
- Scott Stern: MIT Professor of Management, award-winning researcher, co-creator of Startup Cartography Project
- Emily Canal: write at Inc. Magazine, leads annual Surge Cities Index
Module 8: Anti-Fragile Teams: Organizations & Society “A How To”
- John Calipari: Head Coach of University of Kentucky men’s basketball, NCAA champion, Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame
- Deval Patrick: Former Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, leading business executive