Hay una sesión disponible:
Embedded Systems Essentials with Arm: Getting Started
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Embedded systems are everywhere – and Arm-based technologies are the industry standard. Getting started could not be easier. This course includes free access to an Mbed simulator so you can apply your new knowledge and skills to prototype and build real-world embedded applications quickly, without the trouble or expense of sourcing hardware.
From the mobile, wearable, and smart devices of today to the transformative Artificial Intelligence (AI) and 5G powered Internet of Things (IoT) of the near future, embedded systems are the fundamental building blocks of our connected world. As we move from billions to trillions of intelligent, connected devices, it’s crucial that the next generation of engineers have a thorough understanding of how to rapidly build and deploy a modern embedded system solution.
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of an embedded system and discover why the Arm architecture and processors are particularly well suited for IoT applications.
Our interactive labs have been designed to cover the technical fundamentals, developing in-demand skills essential for any aspiring embedded systems engineer.
You will begin by learning the characteristics of an embedded system, its components, benefits, and constraints, identify cost-performance trade-offs, and explore why the Arm architecture and processors are particularly well suited for the IoT.
You will then apply your new knowledge of digital and analog I/O, interrupts, low power features, timer and pulse width modulation to program an audio wave generator and audio player, and control peripherals along the way.
All of this will be supported by the Mbed API – so no additional hardware is required, you can download and use the simulator right on your own computer.
Over the six modules, you will gain a key overview of:
- Embedded systems and their importance in modern computing applications
- Industry-standard Arm-based microcontroller architecture, their features and programming models.
The possibilities for future IoT development and connection are enormous. In order to achieve this vision of the future, many engineers and developers will be needed to imagine and design these connected devices and the technologies they are built on.
The world of embedded systems is your doorway into the IoT, and all the opportunities it has to offer.
De un vistazo
- Institución: ArmEducationX
- Familiarity with engineering principles at an undergraduate level.
- Basic understanding of a programming language such as C/C++.
- Access to a Windows or Mac-based computer in order to install a local Docker image of the Mbed API simulator.
- Transcripción de video:English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Embedded Systems Essentials with Arm
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Learn how to implement real-world embedded system projects on a simulated microcontroller using the Mbed API.
- Modify skeleton code to implement functionality for multiple applications: an audio wave generator, an audio player, and controlling peripherals using analog and digital I/O interfaces, interrupts, timers, and pulse width modulation.
- Learn key features of Arm processors and architectures as the basis of modern embedded computing.
- Understand applications of embedded systems and how a modern API can help accelerate IoT deployment.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
The course consists of six modules:
Module 1: Introduction to embedded system
You will be able to explain the characteristics of an embedded system and evaluate its benefits and challenges.
Module 2: Introduction to the Mbed Platform and CMSIS
You will be able to identify key features of the Mbed platform and run a basic application using the Mbed simulator.
Module 3: Digital I/O
You will be able to control GPIO peripherals using digital input/output interfaces from the Mbed API.
Module 4: Interrupts and Low Power Features
You will be able to explain and implement interrupts for the purpose of controlling peripherals, utilising the Mbed API.
Module 5: Analog I/O
You will be able to implement an audio wave generator whose pitch and volume are controlled by two analog signal inputs, using the Mbed API.
Module 6: Timer and Pulse-width Modulation
You will be able to develop an audio player incorporating timers, tickers, and Pulse Width Modulation using the Mbed API.