Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
How do electrical engineers find out all the currents and voltages in a network of connected components? How do civil engineers calculate the materials necessary to construct a curved dome over a new sports arena? How do space flight engineers launch an exploratory probe?
If questions like these pique your interest, this course is for you!
Calculus with differential equations is the universal language of engineers. In this course, “Engineering Calculus and Differential Equations,” we will introduce fundamental concepts of single-variable calculus and ordinary differential equations. We'll explore their applications in different engineering fields. In particular, you will learn how to apply mathematical skills to model and solve real engineering problems.
This course will enable you to develop a more profound understanding of engineering concepts and enhance your skills in solving engineering problems. In other words, youwill be able to construct relatively simple models of change and deduce their consequences. By studying these, youwill learn how to monitor and even controla given system to do what you want it to do.
Techniques widely used in engineering will be illustrated; such as Laplace transform for solving problems in vibrations and signal processing. We have designed animations and interactive visualizations to supplement complex mathematical theories and facilitate understanding of the dynamic nature of topics involving calculus.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Limits, Continuity,andDifferentiation inEngineering Calculus
- Applications of Derivatives
- Parametric Equations and Polar Coordinates
- Techniques of Integration
- Applications of Definite Integrals
- Engineering Differential Equations and First Order Equations
- Homogeneous,Inhomogeneous Equations, and Exact Equations
- Homogeneous Linear Equations with Constant Coefficients
- Cauchy-Euler Equations andLaplace Transforms
- How to analyze a given engineering problem
- Ways to identify appropriate calculus and ordinary differential equations (ODE) skills
- How to formulate the mathematical problem
- How to find the solutions for engineering problems
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$50 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo