Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course is part of ASU's Professional Writing MicroBachelors program. If you complete the two courses that are part of this program with a passing grade, you can earn transferable credit from one of edX's university credit partners.
During the course, you will complete several major writing projects, keep a regular writer's journal, and maintain a writer's website, where you will showcase your work and demonstrate what you have learned. If you wish to earn university credit, we will ask you to complete all assignments.
This writing course introduces students to discourse, research, and research writing for the purpose of proposing solutions to problems. Rather than learning about these subjects in the abstract, students will learn by engaging with local problems and issues in their communities. To achieve this, students will learn how to:
- develop an actionable central research question;
- propose a research project;
- conduct primary and secondary research;
- compose an action-oriented research project for web publication; and
- design an academic poster project for research sharing.
By engaging with local questions and problems, students will have the opportunity to enter into important discussions and possibly create meaningful changes in the lives of those around them. Students will create a digital portfolio that enables them to publish and share their research and writing.
This course will interest individuals who want to learn more about how to create change in the world through research and writing. It will also interest those who want to learn how to compose for a digital medium.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Rhetorical Knowledge: how to craft your writing to meet the needs of specific audiences for specific purposes
- Critical Thinking: how to make decisions about what to include and not include in your writing
- Writing Processes: how to use invention, research, drafting, revising, and editing in your writing
- Knowledge of Conventions: how to use various formats and stylistic choices, including genre conventions
- Digital Technology: how to use diverse technologies to write more effectively and efficiently
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$499 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
Testimonios de los estudiantes
"I think the course content is much relevant for my requirement. The course has qualified instructors and moreover they are representing the academic staff of the Arizona State University. Thus, I hope the journey through this course would provide me a unforgettable experience. Hoping to enjoy the pleasure of learning soon." Nishani Rathnayake
" The instructors are highly qualified, so I have high expectations about this course.This is a unique English course because we will directly learn about the power and pleasures of writing. By engaging with local questions and problems, we will have the opportunity to enter into important discussions and possibly create meaningful changes in the lives of those around us. We will create a digital portfolio that enables them to publish and share their research and writing. " Muhammad Ramzan Kalhoro