Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Join me as we dive into these and related questions in a distinctive way through the gamified structure of this course. Using simple tools, you’ll create your own avatar and begin a virtual journey led by a humanoid and professor through various imaginative realms.
Your travels will be brought to virtual life by literature and made visible on the course map. Your assignments and readings will be quests that concentrate on integral parts of a story, and themes that run throughout the duration of the course. These quests challenge you to do things such as produce visualizations (graphs, word clouds, network diagrams, etc.) utilizing easy-to-use online tools, capture interpretations through art, and engage in battles with characters from the readings.
Before you choose to accept this mission, ask yourself if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Do you love reading literature whose plot, characters, or themes challenge you to empathize with formerly unknown or unimagined beings or feelings?
- Do you find reading literature a great way to think deeply about important ideas and want a fun, unusual way of doing so?
- Are you a gamer who loves fiction?
- Are you looking for a course that will put you in touch with some cutting-edge pedagogical learning strategies?
- Are you looking for a course that covers time-tested literary themes taught in a radically new way?
- Have you been looking for a way to indulge your love of literature while also dipping your toes into online gaming?
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Conceive of difficulties that arise when trying to define and distinguish between humans and unhuman monsters.
- Identify problems that grow out of the effort to apply definitive and universal moral judgments to actions, thoughts, social structures, and/or living beings.
- Explore challenges that grow out of the effort to define what constitutes the categories of “nature” and “natural.”
- Consider multiple interpretations of literary works by leveraging alternative tools like computer-generated visualizations.
- Present your insights in an engaging, coherent, organized, and focused form through the use of literary analysis.
- Produce creative responses to literature that engage and challenge the themes and express new viewpoints into the conversation.
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$49 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo