Hay una sesión disponible:
Fundamentals of Building Information Modeling
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course is the first of a sequence of interrelated courses on the current computer applications in the construction industry. The emphasis of this course is building information modeling (BIM) fundamentals. BIM, which allows engineers, architects, and others to more efficiently plan, design, and construct buildings and infrastructure, is revolutionizing the practice in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry.
The primary goal of this course is to:
- Cultivate students' knowledge on core BIM concepts, including object-oriented modeling, parametric modeling, and central databases.
- Train students to effectively use BIM tools for various construction project- management and research tasks.
A number of carefully crafted hands-on activities targeting construction problems will allow students to not only learn the fundamentals, but also master their applications in construction.
Additional tools required:
This course requires the use of a BIM authoring tool, such as Revit from Autodesk.
As this is a 5-week course and the free Revit trial is 30 days, we suggest that you time the trial download correspondingly.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Explain the fundamental principles of BIM.
- List BIM applications in construction and their corresponding benefits.
- Create BIM models.
- Develop construction documents through BIM.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Week 1: Introduction to BIM
- A Critical Review of the Facility Delivery Process
- Define BIM
- BIM Applications and Benefits
Week 2: Object-Oriented Modeling in BIM
- BIM Authoring Process
- Object-Oriented Modeling in BIM I- II
- Developing Architectural Model in Revit
Week 3: Parametric Modeling in BIM
- Parametric Modeling
- Parametric Modeling vs. Direct Modeling
- Parametric Modeling in BIM and Benefits
- Topological Constraints
- Central Database
Week 4: Structural Modeling and LOD
- Organizational Structure ain Revit
- BIM Tools for Different Applications
- BIM vs non-BIM Construction Tools
- BIM LOD
- Structural Model
Week 5: Construction Documentation
- Explain Construction Documentation
- Generate Construction Documentation in BIM (Revit for Demonstration)
- Develop Peripheral Structures and Create Construction Documents
Acerca de los instructores
Preguntas frecuentesOmitir Preguntas frecuentes
Is there a required textbook for this course?
This course requires the use of BIM authoring tools which could lead to additional costs.