Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Navigating through the complexities of Gender & Sexuality is a necessity in our world, now more than ever. Engage with globally renowned scholars from top Canadian universities to learn concepts and practices that advance respect and human rights. This course will teach you to better understand and apply knowledge about gender and sexuality -- a critical first step in addressing social, economic and cultural inequalities.
This intersectional approach to Gender & Sexuality Studies will cover key topics in the fields of literature, language, geography, history, political science, sociology, anthropology, cinema and media studies, law and medicine. Some questions we will address include:
- What is gender and sexuality?
- What does this mean in different contexts?
- How do we think critically and creatively about identity, communication, and community?
- How are gender and sexuality organized in media and popular culture?
- How do people, young and old, negotiate knowledge about gender and sexuality?
This course is for anyone who wants to build their own cultural competence and the capacity of those around them to understand gender and sexuality and the intersections of these core facets of culture and nature, with other differences, like race, age or disability.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Deepen understanding and knowledge about gender and sexuality.
- Explore personal and academic histories and narratives in Gender & Sexuality Studies.
- Participate in current conversations on a wide-ranging local and national scale.
- Acquire knowledge about classical and contemporary theories in Gender & Sexuality Studies.
- Explore the possibilities for intersectionality to highlight social justice issues.
- Gain an appreciation for a diverse range of individuals, communities, and viewpoints.
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$50 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
Testimonios de los estudiantes
"This is one of the best courses that I have ever taken.
The course lasts 6 weeks, looking at gender and sexuality from an intersectional lens, and exploring it through different dimensions such as historical narratives, representation in pop culture, health equity, legal rights, and creating an inclusive environment. The videos are well-made and the instructors introduced the concepts very well. One of the marvellous things about the course is that course participants actually have to create action plans so that course participants can link the concepts they have learned to the real changes that they want to implement.
Overall, I would recommend this course as a perfect introduction to anyone who wants to learn about gender and sexuality and who wants to be a good ally."– Yueyun