Elige tu sesión:
Elige tu sesión:
The Hardware of a Quantum Computer
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
There is no doubt that the quantum computer and the quantum internet have many profound applications, they may change the way we think about information, and they could completely change our daily life.The aim of this course is to help you get up to speed with current progress in the transition to a quantum information era. After an initial review of some of the basic concepts and operating principles of quantum computing and quantum information (e.g. the ket notation and quantum bits, the qubits), the course will feature an extensive discussion on some of the different ways qubits can be built. Then, we will discuss the four types of qubits that QuTech focuses on: topological qubits, spin qubits, superconducting qubits and NV center qubits.
The course is a journey of discovery, so we encourage you to bring your own experiences, insights and thoughts via the forum!
This course is authored by experts from the QuTech research center at Delft University of Technology. In the center, scientists and engineers work together to enhance research and development in quantum technology. QuTech Academy’s aim is to inspire, share and disseminate knowledge about the latest developments in quantum technology.
De un vistazo
- Institución: DelftX
- Tema: Física
- Nivel: Intermediate
You should have a background in or deep interest in technology and familiarity with math. You should be able to read and understand popular written scientific contents, such as articles in New Scientist. If you are not yet familiar with quantum technology, enrol in our introductory course The Quantum Internet and Quantum Computers: How Will They Change the World?
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Quantum 101: Quantum Computing & Quantum Internet
- Associated skills:Quantum Technology, Quantum Computing, Legal Discovery, Quantum Information
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- An overview of the building blocks of a quantum computer;
- How four of the most promising types of solid-state qubits work: superconducting Transmon qubits, Silicon spin qubits, diamond NV center qubits, and topological qubits;
- How quantum gates, the basic operations of quantum computing, are performed on each of these qubit implementations.
Acerca de los instructores
Más información sobre este cursoOmitir Más información sobre este curso
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.