High Conflict in Law: An Introduction
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Are you familiar with ‘high-conflict’ behaviours? What are they, and how can you effectively work with high-conflict people? Learn about high-conflict behaviours through this introductory course co-developed by the world-leading experts, Bill Eddy and Megan Hunter, co-founders of the High Conflict Institute in the U.S, and Tania Sourdin, Head of School and Dean at Newcastle Law School in Australia.
In this course, we will explore high-conflict behaviours and provide you with some strategies and skills for handling them in legal disputes and business settings. Guided by real-world examples, you will gain an understanding of the causes and impacts of high-conflict behaviour, and learn effective responses in high-conflict situations. The course will assist you in further developing your skills in conflict resolution and problem-solving.
This course is aimed at anyone who may encounter high-conflict behaviours in a wide range of situations, particularly in a business or legal setting, including:
- Lawyers or students studying law
- Business owners
- HR professionals
- Health and medical practitioners.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Categorise common high-conflict behaviours.
- Describe common high-conflict behaviours.
- Outline causes and impacts of high-conflict behaviours.
- Explain how an individual could effectively respond to a high-conflict situation.
- Develop responses to deal with high-conflict situations.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Week 1: Introducing High-Conflict Behaviours
- Defining high conflict
- Recognising high-conflict behaviours
Week 2: Causes and Impacts of High-Conflict Behaviours
- When do unmanaged emotions become high-conflict?
- How does high-conflict behaviour affect theworkplace, the individual and others?
Week 3: Cycle of High-Conflict
- Predictive behaviour patterns of high-conflict people
- De-escalating and responding to high conflict
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
"I really enjoyed and took a lot away from this short course which will assist me in my practices as a family lawyer."
- past HCLx1 student