Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Is Hyperloop really worth the hype? Is this passenger pod levitating in a vacuum tube a viable alternative to curb the environmental impact of current modes of transport?
This revolutionary and more sustainable mode of transportation for passengers or freight can reach speeds over 1000 kilometers per hour, decreasing travel time significantly. For example, one could go from Amsterdam to Paris in 30 minutes instead of four hours.
Ever wondered how levitation works? Or what the passenger experience will be like? Or how much infrastructure would cost and whether the Hyperloop concept is technically and commercially viable?
Regardless of your background, this course will teach you how this technology works and will prove why it is worth investing in. Key topics include the core concepts behind the Hyperloop, current developments on the technology, implementation, standardization and the future solutions hyperloop will offer and the challenges it faces.
Through discussions with fellow participants and critical thinking you will form your own vision and develop your own ideas about this exciting new technology and its future.
This course is for anyone interested in the hyperloop concept. And if you seek more in-depth knowledge, or if you are interested in pursuing a career or doing research in this field, the course will also offer in-depth additional resources.
This course has been designed by the Delft Hyperloop dream team, winners of the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition in 2017. This award-winning team consists of TU Delft students, international experts and partner companies who will also share their expertise.
Recently, a lot of research has been conducted by the Delft Hyperloop team. Therefore, we are able to offer you more in-depth information about topics such as levitation, propulsion, implementation, economics, network and more!
A winning team
This course has been designed by the Delft Hyperloop dream team, winners of the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition in 2017. This award-winning team consists of TU Delft students –who won the Excellence in the Open Education Awards in 2019–, international experts and partner companies who will also share their expertise.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Understand the need for the Hyperloop
- Grasp the basic technical concepts of Hyperloop
- Recognise the key hurdles for Hyperloop in the future
- Develop your own ideas for the Hyperloop
- Gain more in-depth knowledge by choosing the topics that you would like to learn in more detail
- Recognise challenges for Hyperloop implementation and develop a plan to tackle them
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
- Week 1: Relevance and basic principles of Hyperloop
- Week 2: Levitation, Propulsion and Braking
- Week 3: Passenger pod: interior, exterior, communication and passenger experience --design your own pod
- Week 4: Hyperloop infrastructure, safety and public acceptance, design your own safe haven
- Week 5: Network, politics and economic potential
- Week 6: Course wrap-up and feedback
- Extra: Take part in the Hyperloop Challenge!
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$50 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.