Introduction to AP* Human Geography
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Are you interested in what’s happening in your global community? Explore economic, social, political, and environmental issues through the lens of geography.
By exploring human influences and patterns, you can better understand the world around you, make predictions, and propose solutions to current issues. In this course, you will investigate geographic perspectives and analyze historical and current patterns of migration, population, political organization of space, agriculture, food production, land use, industrialization and economic development.
In addition, you will learn helpful strategies for answering multiple-choice questions and free response essay questions on the AP Human Geography test.
Each of the seven modules in this course aligns with the concepts in the Advanced Placement* Human Geography course.
This course is specifically designed for students who are interested in learning more about the AP Human Geography course before enrolling, supplementary support and exam review, and for use in blended learning classrooms.
* Advanced Placement® and AP® are trademarks registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, these offerings.
De un vistazo
- Institución: UTAustinX
- Tema: Ciencias sociales
- Nivel: Introductory
- Prerrequisitos: Advanced secondary school (high school) level
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Associated skills:Industrialization, Agriculture, Human Geography, Forecasting, Blended Learning, Environmental Issue
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- how to interpret maps and analyze geospatial data
- ways to determine implications of associations and networks among phenomena in places
- how to recognize relationships among patterns and processes at different scales of analysis
- methods to define regions and regionalization processes
- strategies for analyzing interconnections among places
- how the AP* Human Geography exam is structured and helpful strategies for doing your best
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Module 2: Population and Migration
Module 3: Cultural Patterns and Processes
Module 4: Political Organization of Space
Module 5: Agriculture, Food Production, and Rural Land Use
Module 6: Industrialization and Economic Development
Module 7: Cities and Urban Land Use