Sobre este curso
Imaging technologies form a significant component of the health budgets of all developed economies, and most people need advanced imaging such as MRIs, X-Rays and CT Scans (or CAT Scans) during their life. Many of us are aware of the misinformation sometimes offered in TV dramas, which either exaggerates the benefits or overemphasizes the risks.
This medical imaging course provides an introduction to biomedical imaging and modern imaging modalities. The course also covers the basic scientific principals behind each modality, and introduces some of the key applications, from neurological diseases to cancers. This course includes modules specially designed for the general public, whilst also providing some advanced modules which could contribute to professional development in health, engineering and IT industries.
Lo que aprenderás
- Why there is a need for different imaging modalities
- The basic principles of each modality and the terminology used
- The patient experience and why things happen during the imaging procedure
- How to select the most suitable modality for a given clinical case
- How to provide basic advice on imaging modalities to your peers
Additionally, in the 'advanced' sections in the course you'll learn:
- How an image is reconstructed / visualized OR
- The principles of image post-processing
For each episode we include information relevant to that modality and the basic scientific principles, hardware and technology, and clinical applications.
- In episode 1, we’ll consider x-rays.
- In episode 2, we’ll explore computerised tomography (CT).
- In episode 3, you’ll learn about ultrasound (U/S).
- In episode 4, we’ll discuss magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- In episode 5, you’ll learn about PET and SPECT.
To complete the course, the assessment is a marked quiz for each episode that will contribute to your final grade, plus a final assessment called Assessment Scenarios at the end of the course. Assessment Scenarios involve reviewing 2 case studies/scenarios and answering questions related to imaging modalities of relevance.
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras $99.00
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
Testimonios de los estudiantes
"Would recommend this course" - Ann Schmidt
"This is my first ever course on Biomedical imaging. It was easy to follow and highly informative. Thank you UQx" - Previous Learner