Sobre este curso
How do you foster a company culture that supports a diverse workforce, including employees with disabilities?
Co-developed with Harvard Extension School, this course gives hiring managers and recruiters the tools they need to attract, interview and onboard a diverse team, including candidates with disabilities.
Why should you take this course?
- It’s quick - The course will take only 2-3 hours total to complete!
- It’s actionable – Each session includes concrete calls to action to implement at your organization
- It’s a networking opportunity – By signing up you’ll join a community of like-minded professionals
- Over 3,000 people from 115 different countries have participated in the course so far
No previous experience required.
This course distills valuable lessons from leaders in inclusion, human resources professionals, and people with disabilities into four quick and engaging sessions.
Lo que aprenderás
- How to identify potential barriers to employment
- How to comfortably recruit, interview, and onboard candidates with disabilities
- How to improve workplace accessibility and culture to support candidates with different abilities
This session covers the barriers to employment job seekers with disabilities face throughout the job search process, focusing on the recruitment stage. Mini documentary-style videos will showcase individuals with disabilities leading fulfilling careers and highlight the breadth of jobs that people with disabilities can perform.
Session 2: Acing the Interview
This session covers the pivotal moment of the interview and disclosure from the perspectives of the interviewer and the interviewee in order to better prepare the hiring manager and address the potential for biased judgments.
Session 3: Adapting the Workplace
This session will provide information about creating an accessible and inclusive work environment for individuals with disabilities from the physical office layout to adaptive technology.
Session 4: Preparing for Day One
This session will prepare the manager for what to expect on the first day for a new employee with a disability and for the ongoing role of the manager in supervising an employee with a disability. Participants will learn how to create a workplace culture that supports diversity.
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras $50.00
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
Testimonios de los estudiantes
– Lydia Greene, SVP Chief Human Resources Officer, Tufts Health Plan