Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course is credit eligible through Doane University's Open Learning Academy. The Open Learning Academy's 3-4 credit hour courses are designed to provide learners with foundational coursework for undergraduate level programs. It is strongly encouraged that you consult with your institution of choice to determine how these credits will be applied to their degree requirements prior to transferring the credit.
Lifestyle factors including poor nutrition and physical inactivity are critical determinants of health, causing a pandemic of chronic diseases, premature death and unsustainable healthcare costs. Currently, 50 percent of Americans live with one or more chronic illnesses in which diet, exercise and stress play a key role.
Lifestyle Medicine is the science and application of 49 healthy lifestyles as interventions for the prevention and treatment of lifestyle-related diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke, obesity, some neurological conditions and some cancers. It is the evidence-based specialty bridging the science of physical activity, nutrition, stress management and resilience; sleep hygiene and other healthy habits to individuals through clinical practice in healthcare.
BIOL-212x Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine from DoaneX is a credit-eligible course. Learners have the opportunity to experience this same rigorous university-level course on a flexible schedule and earn academic credit when they pass the course with a C or better.
Number of credit hours for BIOL-212x Introduction to Lifestyle Medicine: 3 credit hours.
Cost: $500 (USD) - pay for credit earned after passing the course with a C or better.
- Learner must enroll in the Verified Certificate option.
- Learner must abide to all course and academic integrity policies throughout the entire course.
- Learner must receive a passing grade of a C or better.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Conceptualize how lifestyle behaviors resulted in chronic disease in the US
- Chronic disease epidemic affects our economic health as a nation.
- What is Lifestyle Medicine and its differences from traditional Western medicine.
- Tools to develop a personal, healthy lifestyle
- Lifestyle factors contribution to leading health killers in the US
- Health relationships between food production, politics, economics and the environment
- Commit to improvement in personal health choices
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$79 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo