Hay una sesión disponible:
Hay una sesión disponible:
Networking and Storage Essentials
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Organizations require fast, efficient, and secure networks to compete in today’s global business world. Technical Support professionals are in high demand to meet organizations’ expanding needs and to help maintain and update computer networks to reduce downtime and minimize disruption.
This course is designed for anyone new to networks and storage looking to develop the skills needed to diagnose and repair basic networking and storage problems. You’ll gain extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of networking, including network types, topology models and standards, and the physical setup of a network for wired and wireless connections. You’ll be introduced to the different types of storage devices, STaaS, learn the difference between NAS and SAN and the types of storage gateways to meet the needs of network subscribers, and identify common network storage and network sharing options including local, hosted, and cloud storage.
This course provides multiple hands-on, real-world inspired activities to demonstrate your network and storage expertise, including setting up a SOHO network, exploring cable types, and identifying storage types. This course is ideal for kickstarting an IT Support role, network technician role, or building your base knowledge for system administration.
De un vistazo
- Institución: IBM
- Tema: Informática
- Nivel: Introductory
Basic computer operating skills, including using a web browser.
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Information Technology (IT) Support PC
- Associated skills:Topology, Small Office/Home Office Network, Storage Devices, Computer Networks, Network Storage
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Identify and discuss network types and standards.
- Determine how to set up wired and wireless connections.
- Discuss common network storage types and network sharing options.
- Perform basic setup on a mobile device, including security and settings.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Module 1: Networking Fundamentals
- Computer Networks: Types and Topologies
- Computer Networks: Wired Connections
- Computer Networks: Wireless Connections
- Hands-on Activity: Identifying Wireless Network Technologies
- Computer Networks: Packets, IP Addressing, DNS, DHCP, and NAT
- Computer Networks: Models, Standards, Protocols, and Ports
- Computer Networks: Networking Hardware Devices
- Hands-on Activity: Identifying Networking Hardware Scenario
Module 2: Setting up Wired/Wireless Connections and their Use Cases
- Computer Networks: Cables
- Hands-on Activity: Exploring Cable Types
- Computer Networks: Configuring a Wired SOHO Network
- Hands-on Activity: Finding Your Router’s IP Address
- Computer Networks: Wireless Networks and Standards
- Computer Networks: Configuring a (wireless) SOHO Network
- Hands-on Activity: Setting Up a SOHO Network
- Computer Networks: Mobile Configurations
Module 3: Storage Types and Network Sharing
- Computer Networks: Types of Local Storage Devices
- Computer Networks: Local Storage with Multiple Drives
- Computer Networks: Types of Hosted Storage and Sharing
- Hands-on Activity: Identifying Storage Types
- Computer Networks: Network Storage Types
- Computer Networks: Cloud-based Storage Devices
Module 4: Final Exam