Sobre este curso
With examples ranging from medical testing to sports prediction, you will gain a strong foundation for the study of statistical inference, stochastic processes, randomized algorithms, and other subjects where probability is needed.
Lo que aprenderás
- How to think about uncertainty and randomness
- How to make good predictions
- The story approach to understanding random variables
- Common probability distributions used in statistics and data science
- Methods for finding the expected value of a random quantity
- How to use conditional probability to approach complicated problems
- Unit 0: Introduction, Course Orientation, and FAQ
- Unit 1: Probability, Counting, and Story Proofs
- Unit 2: Conditional Probability and Bayes' Rule
- Unit 3: Discrete Random Variables
- Unit 4: Continuous Random Variables
- Unit 5: Averages, Law of Large Numbers, and Central Limit Theorem
- Unit 6: Joint Distributions and Conditional Expectation
- Unit 7: Markov Chains
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras $99.00
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo
HarvardX Honor Code
HarvardX requires individuals who enroll in its courses on edX to abide by the terms of the edX honor code. HarvardX will take appropriate corrective action in response to violations of the edX honor code, which may include dismissal from the HarvardX course; revocation of any certificates received for the HarvardX course; or other remedies as circumstances warrant. No refunds will be issued in the case of corrective action for such violations. Enrollees who are taking HarvardX courses as part of another program will also be governed by the academic policies of those programs.
HarvardX Nondiscrimination/Anti-Harassment Statement
Harvard University and HarvardX are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy educational and work environment in which no member of the community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination or harassment in our program. All members of the HarvardX community are expected to abide by Harvard policies on nondiscrimination, including sexual harassment, and the edX Terms of Service. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected] and/or report your experience through the edX contact form.
HarvardX Research Statement
HarvardX pursues the science of learning. By registering as an online learner in an HX course, you will also participate in research about learning. Read our research statement to learn more.