Hay una sesión disponible:
Modern Biotechnologies for Wastewater Treatment
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Modern biotechnologies have been widely used in clinical diagnosis, food production, and the pharmaceutical industry. Their applications in wastewater treatment have greatly improved the accuracy and efficiency of characterizing biological systems in biological wastewater treatment plants and the natural environment.
This course is designed for graduate students and working professionals who would like to learn modern biotechnologies in wastewater treatment and how to apply these biotechnologies to understand, characterize, and optimize wastewater treatment systems and plants. At the end of the course, students are expected to understand modern biotechnologies and their applications in wastewater treatment, select appropriate biotechniques to understand, characterize, and optimize wastewater treatment systems, and assess public health risks associated with antibiotic resistant bacteria and viruses in wastewater.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- fundamentals of microbiology
- stoichiometry and microbial metabolism
- membrane treatment systems and biofouling
- molecular microbiology tools
- antibiotic resistance
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
- Introduction of Microbiology
- Fields of Microbiology
- Microbe Types and Metabolic Lifestyles
- Electron Donor and Acceptor
- Stoichiometry and Half-reactions
- Free Energy
- Cell Synthesis
- Developing Overall Stoichiometric Equations
- Membrane Filtration
- Membrane Filtration Challenges
- Microbial Aggregation and Biofilm
- Biofouling and Control
- Molecular Ecology Study
- Microbial Community Analysis
- Activity Assays and FAME
- Fluorescence in situ Hybridization
- Molecular Microbiology Tools
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Horizontal Gene Transfer
- Evolution and Selfish Gene
Acerca de los instructores
Preguntas frecuentesOmitir Preguntas frecuentes
Is there a required textbook?
Are there recommended textbooks?
The following textbooks are recommended:
- “Environmental Biotechnology: Principles and Applications” by Bruce Rittmann and Perry McCarty
- “Wastewater Microbiology” by Gabriel Bitton
- “Microbiology: Principles and Explorations” by Jacquelyn G. Black.