Sobre este curso
Lo que aprenderás
Formas de realizar este curso
edX para empresas
Estimated 4 weeks
2–3 horas por semana
Al ritmo del instructor
Con un cronograma específico
Verificación opcional disponible
Modern Monetary Theory: Economics for the 21st Century
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
- Thinking in a macroeconomic way. What should macroeconomic theory be able to explain? Measurement frameworks.
- What is Modern Monetary Theory and what are its implications? Why is it the future of macroeconomics?
- The role of fiscal policy. The path to full employment and price stability. Case studies in unemployment and hyperinflation.
- Monetary policy design and the role of central banks. How does the banking system operate?
- Exchange rate systems and international trade. Global financial markets and the State - who is in charge?
- Policy setting in crises: the challenges of climate change and the pandemic.
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- An entry level understanding of the way modern monetary systems operate.
- An enhanced understanding of the fiscal and monetary policy options available to governments.
- An awareness of why the standard economic statements in the media about government deficits and debt distort our understanding of the actual constraints that government spending faces.
- Ways to assess government policy options, for example, in dealing with the pandemic.
- An appreciation of the issues involved in balancing demands for growth and environmental constraints.