Hay una sesión disponible:
Hay una sesión disponible:
Molecular Biology - Part 2: Transcription and Transposition
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
In Part 2 of this Molecular Biology course, you’ll explore transcription of DNA to RNA, a key part of the central dogma of biology and the first step of gene expression.
Did you know that transposable elements, the genetic information that can move from location to location, make up roughly 50 % of the human genome? Did you know that scientists have linked their movement into specific genes to the causes of certain diseases? You’ll also learn how these “jumping genes” work and how scientists study them in Molecular Biology: Transcription and Transposition.
Are you ready to go beyond the “what" of scientific information presented in textbooks and explore how scientists deduce the details of these molecular models?
Take a behind-the-scenes look at modern molecular genetics, from the classic experimental events that identified the proteins and elements involved in transcription and transposition to cutting-edge assays that apply the power of genome sequencing. We've designed the problems in this course to build your experimental design and data analysis skills.
Let’s explore the limits of our current knowledge about the transcription machinery and mechanisms of transposition. If you are up for the challenge, join us in 7.28.2x Molecular Biology: Transcription and Transposition.
De un vistazo
- Institución: MITx
- Tema: Biología y ciencias humanas
- Nivel: Advanced
7.00x Introduction to Biology or similar (undergraduate biochemistry, molecular biology, and genetics) and 7.28.1x Molecular Biology or similar (advanced DNA replication and repair)
- Idioma: English
- Transcripciones de video: English, 中文
- Associated skills:Scientific Methods, Information Sciences, Whole Genome Sequencing, Biochemical Assays, Biology, Transposon, Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Transcribing, Data Transposition, Ribonucleic Acid Sequencing, Data Analysis, Machinery
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How to compare and contrast transcription in prokaryotes and eukaryotes
- How to describe several mechanisms of transposition
- How to analyze protein structures to infer functional information
- How todesign the best experiment to test a hypothesis
- How to interpret data from transcription and transposition experiments
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
Week 1 : Machinery and Promoters of Bacterial Transcription
Week 2 : Bacterial Regulation of Bacterial Transcription
Week 3 : Machinery and Promoters of Eukaryotic Transcription
Week 4 : Regulation of Eukaryotic Transcription I
Week 5 : Regulation of Eukaryotic Transcription II
Week 6 : Transposition
Week 7 : CRISPR