Elige tu sesión:
Solar Energy: Integration of Photovoltaic Systems in Microgrids
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Photovoltaic systems are often placed into a microgrid, a local electricity distribution system that is operated in a controlled way and includes both electricity users and renewable electricity generation. This course deals with DC and AC microgrids and covers a wide range of topics, from basic definitions, through modelling and control of AC and DC microgrids to the application of adaptive protection in microgrids. You will master various concepts related to microgrid technology and implementation, such as smart grid and virtual power plant, types of distribution network, markets, control strategies and components. Among the components special attention is given to operation and control of power electronics interfaces.
You will be familiarized with the advantages and challenges of DC microgrids (which are still in an early stage). As a verified learner you will also have the opportunity to master the topic of microgrids through an exercise in which you will evaluate selected pilot sites where microgrids were deployed. The evaluation will take the form of a simulation assignment and include a peer review of the results.
This course is part of the Solar Energy Engineering MicroMasters program designed to cover all physics and engineering aspects of photovoltaics: photovoltaic energy conversion, technologies and systems.
De un vistazo
- Institución: DelftX
- Tema: Ingeniería
- Nivel: Advanced
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering and/or the successful completion of PV1x,PV2xand PV3x(or firm grasp of their content).
- In order to carry out the assignments in the course, you will need to install a free software which requires a 64-bit computer, 4 GB ram and 5-6 GB of hard-drive space. Operating systems supported: Window 7 or newer, OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) or newer, Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04.
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Programa MicroMasters® en Solar Energy Engineering
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Difference between a microgrid, a passive distribution grid and a virtual power plant
- Ancillary services provided by microgrids and PV
- Operation of centralized and decentralized control, forecasting, and evaluation of different market policies through a case study
- Operation of active power control and voltage regulation
- Different layouts and topologies of microgrids and power electronic components, and the role of power electronics converters in microgrids
- Microgrid protection, adaptive protection, and the consequences of using a fault current source and fault current limitation
- Main motivations and challenges for the implementation of DC microgrids
Verified learners will have the added benefit of evaluating different strategies to control multiple inverters and to analyze local control to improve stability.
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
"TU Delft 's Solar Energy Engineering MicroMasters program is great to get a grasp of the overall science of solar energy. It provides context to the current industry trends, and at the same time gives you the tools you need to know where the industry will be in the next decade." --Bertram, The Netherlands
Acerca de los instructores
Más información sobre este cursoOmitir Más información sobre este curso
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.