Elige tu sesión:
Elige tu sesión:
Solar Energy: Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
In this course you will learn how to turn solar cells into full modules; and how to apply full modules to full photovoltaic systems.
The course will widely cover the design of photovoltaic systems, such as utility scale solar farms or residential scale systems (both on and off the grid). You will learn about the function and operation of various components including inverters, batteries, DC-DC converters and their interaction with both the modules and the grid.
After learning about the components, you will be able to correctly apply them during main design steps taken when planning a real PV installation with excellent performance and reliability.
Through modelling, you will gain a deeper understanding of PV systems performance for different solar energy applications, and proficiency in estimating the energy yield of a client's potential system.
This course is part of the Solar Energy Engineering MicroMasters Program designed to cover all physics and engineering aspects of photovoltaics: photovoltaic energy conversion, technologies and systems.
De un vistazo
- Institución: DelftX
- Tema: Ingeniería
- Nivel: Advanced
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering and/or the successful completion of PV1x and PV2x (or firm grasp of their content).
- In order to carry out the assignments in the course, you will need to install MATLAB (student license will be given). Please check the system requirements: https://nl.mathworks.com/support/requirements/matlab-system-requirements.html
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Programa MicroMasters® en Solar Energy Engineering
- Associated skills:Planning, Energy Conversion, Solar Cells, Physics, Photovoltaic Systems
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
How to design a PV system ranging from a residential rooftop system to a utility scale solar farm taking in to account:
- The effects of the position of the sun and solar irradiance on PV module performance
- Components of a PV system: PV modules, inverters, DC-DC converters, batteries, charge controllers and cables
- The economics and impact on the grid of PV systems
Audit learners can develop their skills and knowledge in relation to the above learning objectives by having access to the video lectures, a limited number of practice exercises and discussion forums.
Verified learners are offered a number of study tools to demonstrate they have mastered the learning objectives. They will have access to all exercises: practice, graded and exams.
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
"TU Delft 's Solar Energy Engineering MicroMasters program is great to get a grasp of the overall science of solar energy. It provides context to the current industry trends, and at the same time gives you the tools you need to know where the industry will be in the next decade." --Bertram, The Netherlands
Acerca de los instructores
Más información sobre este cursoOmitir Más información sobre este curso
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.