Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
In this advanced course, part of the Professional Certificate program ‘Risk Management in Banking and Financial Markets’, we will look at structured financial products such as Asset Backed Securities (ABS), Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS), Credit Default Swaps (CDS), Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO) and their role in transferring/diversifying the risks to several entities in the financial markets.
We will also examine the unintended consequences and outcome of those risk transfer instruments that accentuated the systemic risk and eventually lead to the 2008 global financial meltdown.
In addition, we will look at special topics in risk management such as Value at Risk (VaR) and stress testing, as well as recent trends in regulation including the Basel-III guidelines on capital adequacy that have been implemented in several countries to manage risk in a proactive and consistent manner.
More importantly, we will examine how far have those regulatory measures and guidelines been able to achieve the well-intentioned goal of safeguarding the stability of financial systems across countries and whether they would, in the future, be able to anticipate and avert cascading adverse outcomes as witnessed in the 2008 global financial crisis.
This course is part of IIMBx's Professional Certificate program ‘Risk Management in Banking and Financial Markets’.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- The basic attributes and structure of Asset Securitization
- Various types of asset-backed securities such as Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS), Credit Card Securitization, etc.
- Credit Default Swaps (CDS) and Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDO) and their role in managing (sometimes, augmenting) risks in any financial system
- How to measure, analyze and proactively manage the degree of risk embedded in the financial assets portfolio of any entity, using various tools and techniques such as ‘Value at Risk’ (VaR), ‘Stress Testing’ and similar guidelines issued by the Bank of International Settlement (BIS) and other regulatory bodies
- How well could the Basel-III guidelines on capital adequacy: (a) achieve the well-intentioned goal of safeguarding the stability of financial systems across countries and (b) anticipate / avert cascading adverse outcomes as witnessed in the global financial crisis of 2008
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$99 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo