Elige tu sesión:
Storytelling for Social Change
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
How can storytelling promote social change?
This course develops skills for using stories to deliver messages that affect audiences and shape attitudes for social change. Learn how building empathy and developing characters can offer multiple perspectives on complex problems. Social change happens when listeners or viewers identify with messages delivered through a protagonist they identify with. Theatre artists and professional storytellers offer expertise about how to craft a story that develops empathy and delivers impact.
You will watch video interviews with storytelling experts, view performances, and write your own story for social change. See how stories told from diverse perspectives contribute to understanding new perspectives about pertinent world issues. Learn how effective storytelling can be your tool for change.
This course is for anyone who wants to effectively tell an impactful story. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Professionals working in not-for-profit or commercial sectors
- Entertainment industry development teams
- Writers and arts enthusiasts
- Community workers and social activists
- Marketing and development teams
- Educators and public speakers
- Customer service representatives
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How professionals use stories to elicit social change.
- How to introduce multiple perspectives into stories for social impact.
- How to identify an audience, communicate a message, and develop a strong protagonist to deliver your message.
- How empathy and belief systems affect storytellers and audience members.
- How to use visual elements to enhance a storytelling project.