Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Logistics and supply chain structures can be found in virtually any system. In this business and management course you will learn not only what makes leading systems competitive but also how to design, or redesign, your own system.
The MOOC is based on a widely popular university course that will give you a working knowledge on supply chain strategy and design that can be applied in your organisation.
Course topics include:
- How to increase ROI (Return on Investment) using logistics
- Logistics trade-offs (service vs cost vs capital)
- The SCOR model for analysis of supply chains
- Sustainability in supply chains (the triple bottom line)
- The Bullwhip effect and how to beat it
- Strategies regarding:
- Product range
- Concepts like:
- Quick Response - QR
- Efficient Consumer Response, ECR
- Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment, CPFR
Many of the topics in the course will be illustrated using real companies and real logistics professionals as logistics is not a theoretical subject – it exists all around us – everywhere.
By the end of this course, you will be able to better describe, understand and ultimately design your own system for your organisation based on existing knowledge in this exciting field.
Regardless of your industry or organisation type, the concepts and methods from this course will help you become a logistics and supply chain professional. You will never look at a hotel breakfast buffet, a loading bay, a warehouse, a factory, an emergency room or even at a fast food restaurant the same way again…
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Basic economic analysis of systems and their profitability (in a logistics context)
- Basic logistics and supply chain design principles
- Taking a sustainability perspective using the triple bottom line of sustainability model
- A system’s perspective on a whole supply chain including design, sourcing, production, warehousing, distribution and transportation
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$49 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo