Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Research-informed, design-oriented approach to teaching with technology and inquiry
- Knowledge of important themes in lesson design, enactment, and student learning
- Identify affordances of various technologies for teaching/learning
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
In Week 0 we get to know each other and learn about the course.
Week 1: Inquiry and student-centred pedagogy
- We review dominant inquiry frameworks and examine general themes in technology integration in teaching and learning. We follow the process of a technology-integrated inquiry-based science lesson design.
Week 2: Designing Activities and Assessments
- We examine opportunities and challenges in designing technology integration in teaching and learning. A physics teacher reflects on assessment design in relation to the learning outcomes of a technology-integrated inquiry lesson.
Week 3: Collaborative learning
- Research and practice show barriers to engaging students in collaborative learning activities. We review challenges of designing for collaboration and examine design approaches to promote student engagement. A visual arts teacher explains his online collaborative critique lesson design
Week 4: Handheld/mobile devices
- We review various forms of handheld devices and examine where in lesson design and implementation can these devices be integrated. A biology teacher reflects on the design and implementation of a lesson that uses a mobile app.
Week 5: Knowledge co-constriction
- We examine design factors in promoting student-contributed knowledge. A math teacher and researcher share their collaborative experience in designing a statistics lesson that emphasizes knowledge co-construction.
Week 6: Inquiry Enactment
- We discuss challenges of classroom management and student engagement in technology enhanced/integrated learning and examine strategies to overcome such challenges. Teachers who shared their lesson design reflect on challenges they faced and decisions they made accordingly.
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$50 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo