Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
When a person lives on less than $2 a day — as some 2.7 billion people around the world do — there isn’t room for a product like a solar lantern or a water filter to fail. Investment in failing products undermines future innovation by reducing confidence and depleting scarce resources.
It’s a challenge faced every day by development agencies, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and consumers themselves. With so many products on the market, how do you choose the right one?
This course, developed by MIT’s Comprehensive Initiative on Technology Evaluation (CITE) will explore the fundamentals of technology evaluation for global development. It includes a deep dive into CITE’s 3S methodology, looking at products from three angles:
- Suitability—does a product perform its intended purpose?
- Scalability—can the supply chain effectively reach consumers?
- Sustainability—is it a product that can be used correctly, consistently, and continuously over time?
This course is designed for academics and global development practitioners; those interested in conducting their own technology evaluations to promote data-driven decisions through research or development practice.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Week one: History of appropriate technology, the rise of technology use in global development
- Week two: History of evaluation, different styles of modern evaluation, and the definition of evaluation; how to conduct desk- and field-based scoping studies, and what a scoping study can teach you
- Week three: Methodology, research design, and applications for product suitability
- Week four: Methodology, research design, and applications for product scalability
- Week five: Methodology, research design, and applications for product sustainability
- Week six: How to complete an evaluation and summarize results for presentation to various audiences, how to generalize results, and alternative approaches to evaluation
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$49 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo