Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course begins with an introduction to the marketplace. We'll learn about the characteristics of the marketplace and how it interacts with the operation process. We’ll look at the evolution of the U.S. equity market and learn how to identify the reasons why some trades take place in Over the Counter Markets instead of an exchange. We’ll also look at the functioning of an Order Management System and Bond Secondary Market trades.
Next, we’ll cover trade processing where we’ll learn how to identify the steps to process a trade and the components of the trade processing cycle.
In our next section, we’ll learn the definition and role of clearing corporations, NSCC, and other clearing corporations. We’ll also identify the steps involved in the workings of Option Clearing Corporation and Mortgage Backed Securities Clearing.
We’ll wrap up this course with an overview of Settlement. We’ll learn the responsibilities of the Purchase and Sales Department and identify the cause of Fails and how they can be rectified. We’ll also learn the steps involved in the working of the buy in process and the different types of financing tools.
This course is part 2 of the New York Institute of Finance’s Brokerage Operations Professional Certificate program.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Overview of the Marketplace, including its characteristics
- How to identify the steps to process a trade and the components of the trade processing cycle
- Definition and role of Clearing Corporations
- Understanding settlement, including financing tools used such as repo and stock loan
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Marketplace
- Lesson 2: A Timeline of the U.S. Equity Market
- Lesson 3: Over the Counter Market
- Lesson 4: Order Management System
- Lesson 5: The New Order Trading Process
- Lesson 6: Bond Secondary Markets
- Lesson 1: Trade Processing Function I
- Lesson 2: Trade Processing Function II
- Lesson 3: Trade Processing Chart
The Clearing Corporation
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Clearing Corporation
- Lesson 2: NSCC and Most Other Clearing Corps
- Lesson 3: Option Clearing Corporation
- Lesson 4: Government Security Division of FICC
- Lesson 1: Understanding Settlement
- Lesson 2: Understanding Settlement (Cont.)
- Lesson 3: Financing Tools