Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
The goal of urban transit is to achieve an intermodal transportation balance. Ideally, each mode is used in its optimal role, in order to create a people-friendly environment. But how exactly can that be accomplished?
This course will cover examples from different cities and countries; comparing their physical characteristics, transportation policies, and evaluations of their strengths and weaknesses. Learners interested in transportation engineering and city planning will gain expert insight into the critical role transit services have on the character of the city and quality of life.
Urban Transit is designed for transportation engineers, city planners, and general city planning enthusiasts. It’s also well-suited for graduate and advanced undergraduate students of transportation, civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical and systems engineering, business administration, economics, and architecture.
The course is taught by Vukan R. Vuchic, PhD, Emeritus Professor of Transportation Systems Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Vuchic has consulted on cities for government agencies and locations around the world.
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Understand technical and operational characteristics of transit systems
- Review efficient operations of bus and rail transit modes
- Explore role and impact of bus, transit, and rail on a city’s livability
- Describe policies to create balance between transit, cars, and pedestrians and other modes
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
- Week 1 - Cities and Transportation: Evolution of Transport Modes
- Week 2 - Highway Transit: Buses, Trolleybuses, BRT/BHLS and Paratransit
- Week 3 - Rail Transit: Tramways/Streetcars, LRT, Metro, Regional Rail
- Week 4 - Rail Transit Infrastructure, Operations and Roles
- Week 5 - Rail Transit Network, Scheduling and Performance
- Week 6 - Fares, Financing, Ownership and Regulation
- Week 7 - Transit Planning, Mode Selection and Design
- Week 8 - Transportation for Livable Cities: Policies and Implementation Measures
Conoce a tus instructores
Obtén un Certificado Verificado para destacar los conocimientos y las habilidades que adquieras$49 USD
Oficial y verificado
Obtén un certificado con la firma del instructor y el logotipo de la institución para demostrar tus logros y aumentar las posibilidades de conseguir trabajo
Fácil de compartir
Agrega el certificado a tu currículum o publícalo directamente en LinkedIn
El certificado te da un motivo más para completar el curso
Apoya nuestra labor
edX, una organización sin fines de lucro, se sustenta con los certificados verificados para financiar la educación gratuita para todo el mundo